“Your body is exceptionally wise, yet it requires a conscious mind to be fully understood. Let’s learn from and through your body. I will be on your side.”
My love for the body
Hi. My name is Rozelien. Thank you for taking the time to learn about me. I am glad you are here.
I am a certified dance/movement therapist-coach (MA) and fulltime body-mind geek. The charming city of Ghent (Belgium) is the place where I was born and raised. However, my indomitable hunger for adventure keeps me on the move. I have lived in The Netherlands, Greece and Egypt. Just recently I settled down in gorgeous Spain. Travelling allows me to live my questions and to uncover unknown fragments of life. With my feet firmly grounded, anchored with my breath, and equipped with my camera.
Besides, I am passionate about the intelligence of the body. The way we move our body mirrors our unique way of relating to ourselves, others and the world. I strongly believe that the body has the capacity to make change tangible, impactful, and therefore long-lasting. It only requires the right support and method to access your body intelligence. I would describe my therapeutic approach as explorative, growth oriented and structured, and my style as attuned, down-to-earth and positive (with a touch of humor).
Let’s rewind for a moment. Movement has always played a significant part in my life. As a 4-year-old girl I fell in love with gymnastics. The full package (grace + strength + flexibility + discipline) felt perfect to me. From there I started freely experimenting with various types of gymnastics, dance and yoga. The eagerness to understand myself and the world through experiential research has continued to this day. However, it took me various studies and careers to find my professional purpose. It certainly was a bumpy, yet insightful road. Finally I carry out meaningful work that enables me to contribute to the wellbeing of other human beings.
I have found my place.
Home Sweet Home.
Do you think that we might be a good match?
Random facts about me
- Routined in breaking routine
- From hyperfocused geek to distracted daydreamer
- Hopeless beauty seeker and creator
- Poor ice skater versus advanced deep diver
- Spotify and podcast junkie
- Suffering from an incurable travel bug condition
- Psychosocial Rehabilitation Center Inghelburch, Bruges, Belgium │ Adults │ Depression, Autism, Psychosis, Personality Disorders, (Sexual) Trauma, Attachment Disturbances
- Psychiatric Center Dr. Guislain, Ghent, Belgium │ Adults │ Substance Use Disorder (alcohol and legal drugs)
- Paramedical Health Center Fly-Over, Ghent, Belgium │ Adults │ Burn-out, Depression, Loss and Grief, (Sexual) Trauma, PTSD, Anorexia and Bulimia Nervosa
- Master of Arts in Dance/Movement Therapy │ Codarts Rotterdam, The Netherlands
- Master of Arts in Cultural Management │ Antwerp University, Belgium
- Master of Arts in History of Art │ Ghent University, Belgium
- Postgraduate Course Loss and Grief Counseling (module 1,2,3) │ Arteveldehogeschool Ghent, Belgium
Trainings & Certifications
- Hatha & Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training (200h) │ Frog Lotus Yoga International, Spain
- Kids Yoga Training, Kinderyoga Academie │ Belgium
- Trained in dance therapeutic methods │ Authentic Movement (by Céline Gimbrère), Laban Movement Analysis (by Ciel Werts and Katharina Conradi), Bartenieff Fundamentals (by Katharina Conradi)
- Workshop Somatic Experiencing (by Chris Camp) │ based on somatic trauma work of Peter A., PhD
- Trained in mindfulness and meditation │ by Vidya Jacqueline Heisel, Dirk Oellibrandt, Peter Bampton and other teachers
- Extensive experience with various movement disciplines │ gymnastics (artistic, rhythmic, acrobatic, tumbling), dance (classical, jazz, street, tango, contemporary, flamenco, samba, contemporary and contact improvisation), bodywork, acrobatics and yoga (vinyasa, hatha, yin, acro, Iyengar)
- Belgian Association’s Deputy │ European Association for Dance Movement Therapy (EADMT)
- Member of Working Group Research │ EADMT
- Former Board Member – Vice Chairman │ Belgian Association for Dance Movement Therapy (BVCT-ABAT)
- Former Belgian Association’s Delegate │ EADMT
- Former Member of Working Group State Recognition │ EADMT
- Member of BVCT-ABAT and EADMT
The mind is like the wind and the body like the sand: if you want to know how the wind is blowing, you can look at the sand.